Sunday, November 29, 2009

Creative Thinking - Home

Creative Thinking - Home

It’s not an every day thing that you can get access to a plate of food at only 1000 ugsh.

The Saturday of 11th July 2009, I and my friends couldn’t help the aroma that reached our nostrils .we decided to enter one kiosk along Kira road police station.

At first we were not sure where the scent came from till one of the attendants called out on us!

Banyabo emele e’ lyeno’ (ladies, the food is in here) she said

We entered the small room with tinny benches and sat opposite each other.

Where I was seated I could see the view of the kitchen, then a woman appeared in a red wrapper and slippers to take our orders.

It reminded me of a place in Jinja I had visited where menus were laid out on the tables for customers but they only had one meal available; matooke and beans

This time it was matooke, posho with gnuts.

Life couldn’t get worse after serving two plates; she broke it to me and jenny that the food was finished

“Banyabo wasigadeyo kawunga” (ladies, food is over but we are remaining with posho)

‘Did she think one would order posho with no sauce?’ we smiled it off and told her we were okay with the two plates

We asked her if it was possible for us to buy food from another place but she assured us that she was the only one with the food!

‘What time do people around here eat?’ I wondered. It was just 1:35 pm.

I watched my friends eat their share and we got out of the place with great memories.

‘Kiosk! I am coming back, this time at mid day.

Thanks to Harriet, Grace, Jenny and Alal for making the day colorful.

Compiled by Grace A., Harriet M. and Jennifer O.

No comments:

Post a Comment